Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Waiting Game

So, I'm still pregnant. For some reason I really thought that our little girl would be here by now and I'd be on the road to body recovery. No such luck! I know she will come when she is ready or when I'm induced, whichever comes first... but WOW, I'm realizing how impatient I really am at times like these. I've realized it is a lot harder to wait when you have been in the pre-labor stage for a couple weeks opposed to just going in to be induced because your baby (KJ) has shown no signs of coming on his own. Lainee has been teasing me for a couple weeks now while KJ had more of the "Hey, come and get me!" attitude. I think Lainee shares his attitude, she just likes to tease me while she's yelling this from inside my stomach. The worst part is that I'm not even really over-due yet, I'm just being a whiny, impatient brat because I'm tired of the aches and pains... I know, I need to just suck it up. She will be here soon!


In other news, 4th of July was nice. KJ liked the fireworks enough to not get upset at them but he was still a little unsure. He watched the majority of them from Nana's lap on which he proceeded to fall asleep and stay asleep, I might add, with all of the whistles/bangs/explosions. We had family in town since Wednesday between Chad's mom and grandma and my sisters and their hubbies. I think they all thought they would get to meet a baby before leaving town. I love spending time with family and there are still many more events happening this summer that they will come back home for.


Here's to hoping the next blog post is about the birth of Lainee... or maybe it's a boy and he is mad at us that we have been calling him a girl name and she/her... maybe he doesn't want to come until we figure it out!?! Either way, I hope I'm writing about a newborn in the next go around. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a safe and healthy labor, delivery, baby and mommy!

2 comments:

  1. You are not being whiny! Anyone would be tired of the pains and people asking if you have had a baby yet when you are obviously online on facebook haha! She will be here soon! Tell her Auntie Keesha wants to come meet her on Wednesday so she needs to be here by then!! Lol I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking in and waiting for a Lainee post. I know you guys are enjoying her being here! :)

    ReplyDelete