Thursday, July 28, 2011

Before & After (so far)

Well, I thought I'd write a little bit about my weight loss journey thus far. I even have a before & after picture, well current picture, I hope to have an even better after picture in the next couple of months. :)

I've been working out and eating better for almost 2 months now. My current work-out schedule consists of getting up EARLY in the morning to get 40-50 minutes of cardio/toning in via work-out videos (turbo jam & zumba). I then meet my momma and we go out for a 2 mile walk. We sometimes are able to get in another 2 miles in the evening with Chad and the kiddos. There is also random dancing in the house throughout the day. ;)

As of "eating better", I've been following weight watchers (kinda-sorta) and mostly just trying to make better choices: portion control, more water, more fruit & veggies (something I still really need to work on).

So far, I've lost about 12-15 pounds or so. I can't remember for sure what my weight was before I initially began, but I know it was much higher than I wanted it to be. ;) I've noticed that logging my food is really helpful for me and I've also been tracking pounds/inches lost every 10 days which is also really helpful because it shows that there is PROGRESS! :)

I've noticed that my energy level is higher and I feel so much better. I don't want to just be a lump on the couch, I want to be up and active and maybe, just maybe, our house is even a little cleaner than it has been in the past, maybe. ;) I'm currently wanting to do a warrior dash or something similar and I'm hoping to start incorporating running into my work-outs more. I've always hated running and I'd really like for that to chance.

Here is the photo... I'm really embarassed of the before picture. I know it's not a great comparison because I'm a little more turned in the before but I think the difference is still a little noticeable. I hope to have another one of these posts in a couple months or so with more pounds lost and an even better after photo.

Before picture was taken June 3rd, After picture was taken July 25th.

1 comment: