Monday, February 9, 2009

Anyone giving out Davenport mattresses? Anyone??

Chad and I got back from our overnight trip to Spokane yesterday. It was pretty relaxing to get away and not really have an agenda of any sort. I did miss KJ, but I knew he was in good hands so I was still able to enjoy myself. The Davenport is definitely the nicest place I have ever stayed and we even gave in to some dessert (which we got for free because it took a while for it to get to our room, yahoo!) We also had a yummy dinner at a downtown spot and watched "He's Just Not that Into You." Poor Chad, I don't think he was too excited to go, but he did for me and it was a pretty good movie. Other than that we relaxed and didn't do a whole lot.

Last night I got to do something I've never done before, call The Poison Control Center. YIKES! Ok, when I explain this, if you are reading it you will think I'm a dummy, but I don't care... I was worried. So, I was making our bed and Chad had stepped out of the room to do something and on his way back in he informed that KJ just stuck vicks in his mouth. I cried out "NO, HE DIDN'T!" and ran over to him and sure enough there was KJ wiping vicks away from his mouth with a little fingerprint/hole in the vicks container. I grabbed a washcloth and wiped his hands down and tried to wipe his mouth out and then Chad and I both read the container. We weren't too worried and Chad told me to call just so that I would feel better about it, haha he knows me well. The operator let me know things would be fine that it was mostly just an irritant that could give him a slight tummy ache or really burn his eyes if he managed to get some into them. So, after the call, I felt a lot better and put the vicks away. :) (I had it out for a cold I'd been fighting all last week.)

In other KJ news, he is learning to count to 5 (with a little assistance) and we are also working on ABCs and colors. It's so much fun to see how much he is learning and I may be able to start bringing in some of my preschool activities soon.

ALSO-- one week until the ultrasound, I can't wait! The baby has been moving around for me this morning after not being noticed the last couple of days so I'm excited about that. I think he/she likes to tease me like KJ did. :)

Hope this finds you all happy and healthy! Happy reading everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! Funny title! That is cool that KJ is counting 5 and learning colors and ABC's!! Go KJ! I also can't wait to find out about that ultrasound. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw an ad on the TV today from Northwest Bedding!! It said they are the exclusive sellers of the Davenport pillowtop mattress. Cool huh?

    ReplyDelete