Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ode to Chad

(over a week late, but it's here)
I married an incredible man.


Had I had a checklist before we got together, I'm pretty sure he would have met everyone of the qualifications I was looking for, here are some characteristics that I may have put on it, had I had one.

Christian... Check
Sweet... Check
Funny... Check
Handsome, Hot, Nice butt... Check, Check, Check ... ;)
Sarcastic... Check
Loves me for me... Check
Honest... Check
Great Daddy... Check (Ok, so this isn't something I could have checked off after meeting him, but it's something I could have guessed. Does that make sense?)


There are many more traits that Chad has that I love but it could take a while for me to think of a bunch of more adjectives to describe him. So, let's just go into detail about some of those that I mentioned.


Sweet
Chad can be so incredibly sweet. Whenever I'm going crazy and worrying about stuff he knows just what to do to make me feel better and relax (a little). He also tries to think of ways to surprise me or do really neat things for me. Even if he doesn't always to do them, it's the thought that counts.


A Good Daddy

He is such a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT dad. I don't think I can emphasize enough how great of a father he is and how lucky KJ and Lainee are to have him as their dad. They both just adore him and KJ is such a "Daddy's boy". Once Chad is home, KJ wants to be where he is, he loves helping him with projects and watching "PTI" with his Daddy. And Lainee, well, she completely lights up when Daddy walks in the door. Her eyes get so big and a huge smile covers her face as she starts shaking her arms, wanting to jump into her daddy's arms. So incredible.

Loves me for Me
Im a dork, a big one and I'm still not sure how Chad fell for me. I remember when we first met and the first few times we hung out, I wanted so badly for him to like me but I figured I most likely wasn't going to win him over. Luckily, I was wrong! I'm so lucky to be loved the way Chad loves me. It's pretty amazing. The way he looks at me sometimes... how did I get so lucky to be looked at like that? It's one look and I know how much he loves me.
He puts up with me. When I'm crazy, in a bad mood, being a butthead... he's just patient and lets me throw a tantrum or whatever it is I need to do and he's there for me when I bounce back. Again, I'm so lucky!

Sarcastic/Funny
Some people may have a problem with his sarcasm, but it's one of the things I love most. He's so, so funny and I'm often the butt of his sarcasm/jokes. Luckily, I've never had a problem with it and it's most likely because I grew up with a pretty sarcastic Dad who also made me the butt of a lot of his jokes. I like to think that I'm pretty sarcastic too and that is one of the reasons Chad and I first found interest in one another.

So again, I really did with the lottery when it came to finding the man to spend the rest of my life with. I'm so thankful and so very, very blessed to have a loving husband who just loves to spend time with me and our children. I could spend every minute with him and I still wouldn't get tired of him.

Chad, if you read this... I LOVE YOU VERY, VERY MUCH and I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with you. saltrocks.

2 comments: