Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 08-- A Picture That Makes You Sad/Angry

There is one type of photo that I find the most heart wrenching and it is one of a child who has lost his/her life. I have two examples, neither of which I'm going to show the actual photo of.

1. There is a photo of a father holding his baby girl who lost her life due to the Haiti earthquake. I believe this particular photo was on the cover of a NY magazine. It was one of the most awful things I've ever seen and I felt so terribly bad for the father and for every other parent who was suffering like he was.

2. There is an organization called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Photography, if you look them up their site will come up. It is a group of volunteer photographers who take pictures of newborns who have passed away due to health problems, because they were stillborn, etc... I unfortunately found out about the site because I knew of a woman who had pictures done by one of the photographers. Just going to the site brings me to tears. So, so sad.


I couldn't imagine the pain and suffering parents go through after losing a child and I hope and pray that I don't ever have to know that pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment