Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 17 -- An Art Piece

So, I'm going to take this opportunity to tell you about my student teaching experiences. As a student teacher you are to put together a curriculum for so many weeks, as an art teacher I chose to do an ongoing community art project.

With the help of the teacher I worked with, we decided to get the students to create different art pieces to display around the community. It went really well and I had some really dedicated students that did a really good job. The students ended up creating:

  • 2 billboards
  • street signs
  • carpet mosaic
  • seems like there was something else, but I can't remember

It was really great to be in charge of such a great project. I chose different projects for each class block. The carpet mosiac was, by far, the most work and that which I was most proud of. I remember the students really made it tough at the beginning but eventually did such a great job. The mosaic was created for the Mattawa Clinic and it's still up on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment