Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 24 — Whatever tickles your fancy-- Ode to Mom



This weekend was spent with family in celebration of mom's birthday! I always love when my sisters are in town and we are able to hang out and visit with one another. My family means so much to me and my parents and sisters are my best friends (aside from Chad)!

Thursday, which was mom's birthday, we made her a birthday breakfast. Of course, she helped with most of it, like she always does but we had a great time eating yummy food and spending the day with her.

Friday she helped me take care of a little puppy that we were watching along with the kids. I honestly do not know what I would do without her, I don't even want to think about it! Friday night we got together and had Chico's. Yum Yum!

Saturday was spent hanging out with everyone and we went to a yummy dinner! We even were able to surprise mom when our waitress brought out the Baskin Robbins cake we had dropped off earlier in the day. We ended the day with a movie night, watching "New Moon".

It was so much fun getting together to celebrate such a wonderful mom, nana and person. I hope to be a fraction of the mom she has been to me. She is a wonderful mom and an incredible Nana and I'm so fortunate to have her just down the road so that my kids are able to spend time with such an amazing woman. She is one of the strongest, hard working, selfless people I know and I know that any redeeming qualities I might have come from her. We are so lucky to have her in our lives and I thank God every day for my mom, I don't know how I got so lucky to have the best mom in the world! (PS: Dad is a fantastic dad too, but this was more of an Ode to Mom for her birthday.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment